Thursday 1 May 2014

Hanging Lettuce Planter

.
http://inhabitat.com/diy-create-a-personal-urban-patio-garden-not-matter-how-small-your-space/
Click picture for link
Wow! Check out this hanging lettuce planter I read about at Inhabitat. I'll bet you could get a lot of salads out of that! The article says: "A wire cage is filled with sphagnum moss, and then seedlings are woven through the bars to be held in place. Just water regularly, snip off what you need, and it’ll keep re-growing until late Autumn."

I think it looks just awesome!

I've been studying the glass wall on my balcony, thinking I might find some sort of free-standing shelving system at a garage sale or something, and then trying to fill it up various types of plants to make salads with. But now that I've seen that thing, I wonder what it would be like to have it hanging in the corner instead, and using a shelving system to grow other types of plants. We'll see how it all works out, but that hanging lettuce planter is definitely on my wish list. I'll have to find out more about them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment