Tuesday 7 April 2015

Aaargh! Frosted Seedlings!

.
So, my five of my cucumber seedling and two of my tomatoes have been growing quite well in my little pots on the window sill since I planted them back in the end of February...
.
Tomatoes sprouted up!
.
I'd been watching them every day... watering them... talking to them... loving them...
.
Tomatoes (Left) and Cucumbers (Right) growing bigger
.
And the weather had been so nice over the past few weeks... it must have been a month since the last frost, so I started bringing them outside to harden them up before transplanting.
.
Tomato Seedlings (Left) and Cucumber Seedlings (Right) Hardening on the Balcony
.
Strawberries
And finally, after a few days of hardening, I proudly planted my little darlings, excited to get such an early jump on the growing season... until the next morning when I went out to my car - AND HAD TO SCRAPE FROST OFF THE WINDOWS!!!

Aaargh!
.
Oh well, what can you do?

The strawberries have perked up and the radishes and kale have poked up nicely, so I guess that's the silver lining to this cloud.
.
Radishes (Left) and Kale (Right)
.
... But I don't think I'm going to get much from these raspberry and blueberry bushes I bought last year. Gesh! $60 between the two of them, I didn't get more than a few berries to eat of off them, and they're toast by the next year.
.
Dead Blueberries (Left) and Condition Critical Raspberries (Right)
.
Those things were such a waste of time, effort and money, I think I might just take them completely off the "garden cost list" and write them off as a mistake of nature. KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment